About Me

My photo
I have studied art throughout my life starting at a young age being taught by my father, a book illustrator. I then went on to study at Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia, The Art Institute Online of Pittsburgh, and the Academy of Art University of San Francisco. My love of nature later inspired me to complete a Liberal Studies degree with a concentration in Environmental Science. I have created art that I printed on cards and commissioned to local gift shops. In 2010 I opened a small pet care business, which I still run, and started creating pet and animal-inspired art. While out with the animals, I take lots of photos that I later use as references for my art.

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Cleveland Diversity and Art

A collage of my recent pastel pet art.
One of the things I am growing to love about Cleveland is the diversity. I say this as a vague term because all of life is diverse really, but all species are guilty of segregating themselves from each other. Even so, it is nice to be surrounded by various cultures, food, languages, and especially creativity.

To share in the spirit of diversity and creativity, I am posting a collage I put together of my most recent pastel pet art. It is ironic that humans are far more apt to welcome a variety of species of animals from different parts of the world into their home, with varying diets and customs, and yet so uneasy about doing the same for fellow humans.

My perspective, we all share this amazing place together. I see the differences as a positive instead of a negative. Some people see the differences as offensive and intrusive, but I see it as I see animals differences, humorous, charming, and on a deeper level, educational. We can learn from each other, be teachers to each other, or we can have tunnel vision. Life is art and certainly open to criticism, but it doesn't have to be negative. Perhaps flipped upside-down all we would see, is the eyes of another living soul staring back at us, and we would smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment