About Me

My photo
I have studied art throughout my life starting at a young age being taught by my father, a book illustrator. I then went on to study at Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia, The Art Institute Online of Pittsburgh, and the Academy of Art University of San Francisco. My love of nature later inspired me to complete a Liberal Studies degree with a concentration in Environmental Science. I have created art that I printed on cards and commissioned to local gift shops. In 2010 I opened a small pet care business, which I still run, and started creating pet and animal-inspired art. While out with the animals, I take lots of photos that I later use as references for my art.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

It's Harvest Time!

Welcome to my new blog!
There's nothing like a warm mug of apple cider and colorful leaves falling outside to inspire me to draw. I have enjoyed doing pet portraits over the years in various mediums. I am currently doing portraits in charcoal/pastel. I also love drawing my own fur babies. This is our youngest in her favorite pose. When the seasons change and the temps drop, our kitties move to their cold weather sleeping spots in the house. This sleeping position seems to be preferred no matter what the season. I suppose viewing the world upside down keeps a fresh perspective. Perhaps more of us should take the time to see the world as our fur babies do, and then we will be just as content as they are. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment