About Me

My photo
I have studied art throughout my life starting at a young age being taught by my father, a book illustrator. I then went on to study at Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia, The Art Institute Online of Pittsburgh, and the Academy of Art University of San Francisco. My love of nature later inspired me to complete a Liberal Studies degree with a concentration in Environmental Science. I have created art that I printed on cards and commissioned to local gift shops. In 2010 I opened a small pet care business, which I still run, and started creating pet and animal-inspired art. While out with the animals, I take lots of photos that I later use as references for my art.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Cozy Winter Solstice

Happy Winter Solstice! This cozy time of year is my favorite for reflecting and taking some time to relax and be creative. My windows are lit with candles, and my cats are purring, content in their warm winter spots around the house. I curl up in a chair with a steamy mug of peppermint tea (relaxing comfort drink), a good book (always stay curious about the world and everything in it), a plate of homemade cookies (of course), and always nearby is a sketchbook for those moments of inspiration. Even when the winds blow cold and harsh and the snow is piling outside my window, I always stop to appreciate this wondrous place where we live. Let it snow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment