About Me

My photo
I have studied art throughout my life starting at a young age being taught by my father, a book illustrator. I then went on to study at Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia, The Art Institute Online of Pittsburgh, and the Academy of Art University of San Francisco. My love of nature later inspired me to complete a Liberal Studies degree with a concentration in Environmental Science. I have created art that I printed on cards and commissioned to local gift shops. In 2010 I opened a small pet care business, which I still run, and started creating pet and animal-inspired art. While out with the animals, I take lots of photos that I later use as references for my art.

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Country Heart

"Autumn Coon" 12x16 Pastel Painting
Even though I live closer to a city now, my heart will always be in the country. Honestly, the country is where I plan to be again someday. For now, I love taking lots of photos while I am out exploring the many parks here. I am never short of creative ideas when surrounded by all the crisp golden leaves damp with morning dew, smells of apples and pumpkin spice, and squirrels and chipmunks scurrying over the dirt paths as they work hard on this years harvest. I love this time of year!

This kitty is another cutie I have cared for through my pet care business. He is a very regal, affectionate cat and I was able to get some very majestic photos of him to work from for this painting. So this is a rustic, yet sophisticated, country autumn scene. 🎨😊

Black cats are traditionally used in Halloween art and the superstition behind them finds them in more cat shelters than other cats. In reality, their color is just the product of genetics, but their image still goes beautifully among the golden hues of the autumn season. So here I included in my autumn cat series, a regal black cat who would prefer to play in the leaves, eat some treats, and snooze in a pumpkin patch. 🐈🍁🍂




No comments:

Post a Comment